The Equal Opportunity Programs Division (EOPD) implements and enforces equity policy for the City of Tucson. Specifically, the EOPD:
- Enforces the Human Relations Ordinance, Chapter 17, of the Tucson City Code
- Ensures the implementation and enforcement of non-discrimination policies in City employment
- Reviews reasonable accommodation options related to demotions and terminations stemming from the expressed inability to accommodate an employee
- Ensures that City of Tucson facilities, programs/activities and services are accessible to persons with disabilities in accordance with Tucson City Code and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).
- Ensures that persons who do not speak English as their primary language and who have a limited ability to read, speak, write or understand English are afforded meaningful access to programs, services and/or activities in accordance with Section 602 of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Investigates complaints from members of the public based on allegations that the City’s programs and/or facilities are not accessible to those with disabilities
- Develops and implements the City's Equal Opportunity Plan