To ensure that contractors adhere to a policy of equal employment and demonstrate an affirmative effort to promote the employment of individuals with disabilities, minorities, and women as specified by local laws.
All contractors who intend to bid on City contracts exceeding $10,000 must have on file with the Office of Equal Opportunity Programs an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action requests form and abide by the City of Tucson Human Relations Ordinance Chapter 17, Under the City's Human Relations Ordinance:
It is unlawful to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, and/or marital status.
Firms that do business with the City must post a City of Tucson Notice of Non-Discrimination, and the City of Tucson Procurement Code - Chapter 28 §28-137 through §28-144.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Under the provisions governing equal employment opportunity/affirmative action by city contractors Program Advantages Businesses/firms are eligible to bid competitively on construction, goods and services, and professional services contracts.
- Equal employment opportunity makes good business sense.
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Requirements.
- Businesses wishing to enter into a Procurement contract or business relationship with the City of Tucson must comply with Chapter 28, Article XII, Sections 28-137 through 28-144, of the City of Tucson Procurement Code. To ensure compliance with these requirements, complete, sign, and submit the following on an annual basis: Part A, B, and C.
These reports must be completed accurately and must be on file with the Office of Equal Opportunity Programs prior to bid opening, proposal submission, response to a request for quotation, response to a request for qualification on the date set forth as part of any other request-response initiated by the City.
Questions may be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity Programs.
How To Participate
- Complete the Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Requirements Form (pdf)
- Mail or fax the form to the OEOP.
- Be sure the form is on file with the OEOP before bidding.
- For an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action form, call the City of Tucson's Office of Equal Opportunity Programs at (520) 791-4593.
- To see current bid opportunities with the City of Tucson, visit the Procurement Department web site at http://www.tucsonprocurement.com/.